POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How lightsabers work Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  How lightsabers work (Message 1 to 10 of 55)
From: nemesis
Subject: How lightsabers work
Date: 24 Jan 2010 14:50:01
Message: <web.4b5ca40c4f72ad2bcb3947a40@news.povray.org>
http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable

I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
end... :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: How lightsabers work
Date: 24 Jan 2010 15:24:42
Message: <4b5cac8a@news.povray.org>
On 1/24/2010 12:48 PM, nemesis wrote:
> http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable
>
> I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> end... :)

You know.. The irony here is that this gives me ideas on how to design
the "internals" to actually look right. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();
       call DRM_everything();
     }
     call functional_code();
   }
   else
     call crash_windows();
}

From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jan 2010 15:35:00
Message: <4b5caef4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable
>
> I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> end... :)

I always wondered how Luke managed to rebuild a new lightsaber out in the
middle of a forest.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 24 Jan 2010 15:43:37
Message: <4b5cb0f9$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> end... :)

Cutting a cake with a lightsaber?

LMAO!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Date: 24 Jan 2010 15:55:54
Message: <4b5cb3da@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> On 1/24/2010 12:48 PM, nemesis wrote:
> > http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable
> >
> > I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> > end... :)
> >
> You know.. The irony here is that this gives me ideas on how to design
> the "internals" to actually look right. lol

  Nitpicking, but how is that "irony"?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jan 2010 16:05:57
Message: <4b5cb635$1@news.povray.org>
"Not as clumsy as a blaster."

Thinking on it, how many scenes were there where a group of unarmored people
were trapped in a narrow passageway with the storm troopers who spent their
entire lives training, and they didn't get shot, or shot only after quite a
lot of blaster fire was exchanged?  I think it *must* be rather clumsy.

From: nemesis
Date: 24 Jan 2010 16:15:00
Message: <web.4b5cb815de59f934cb3947a40@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
>
> > I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> > end... :)
>
> Cutting a cake with a lightsaber?
>
> LMAO!

I prefer my hot coffee. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 24 Jan 2010 16:20:00
Message: <web.4b5cb884de59f934cb3947a40@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > http://www.howstuffworks.com/lightsaber.htm/printable
> >
> > I'm sure this is old, but damn nice reading anyway, specially the shots in the
> > end... :)
>
> I always wondered how Luke managed to rebuild a new lightsaber out in the
> middle of a forest.

It comes in Lego sets. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 24 Jan 2010 16:51:35
Message: <4b5cc0e7@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> I prefer my hot coffee. :)

Sorry, I prefer tea.

[Not that you can legally refer to the hot sugar-milk I drink as "tea"...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Date: 24 Jan 2010 17:57:56