POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Huh... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Huh... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Darren New
Subject: Huh...
Date: 21 Jan 2010 17:55:02
Message: <4b58db46$1@news.povray.org>
Obviously POV should be based on triangle meshes after all.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100120131201.htm

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Huh...
Date: 22 Jan 2010 04:44:36
Message: <4b597384$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Obviously POV should be based on triangle meshes after all.
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100120131201.htm

It says that grid cells are to do with spatial rather than visual
processing.

Even so, I'd be surprised if the human brain actually maps space out as
a grid. It would seem more logical to use some kind of associative
structure...

Post a reply to this message

>> Obviously POV should be based on triangle meshes after all.
> It says that grid cells are to do with spatial rather than visual
> processing.

Whoosh.

Maybe I should have put "Hey, nemesis!" in the subject line instead.