POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pseudoscience WTF?! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Pseudoscience WTF?! (Message 2 to 11 of 21)
<<< Previous 1 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Pseudoscience WTF?!
Date: 16 Jan 2010 17:54:00
Message: <4b524388@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Watch this video and then pick your jaw from the floor (no, it's *not* a
> parody or a comedic sketch, it's real and serious):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o

I knew what video this was going to be before I even clicked on the
link.  It's really quite spectacular.

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 16 Jan 2010 18:05:01
Message: <web.4b524524265503e4f71537310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Watch this video and then pick your jaw from the floor (no, it's *not* a
> parody or a comedic sketch, it's real and serious):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o

It's actually the first time I see reasonable comments on youtube.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 16 Jan 2010 18:07:30
Message: <4b5246b2@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Watch this video and then pick your jaw from the floor (no, it's *not* a
> > parody or a comedic sketch, it's real and serious):
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o

> It's actually the first time I see reasonable comments on youtube.

  Yeah. Even an illiterate person ought to understand that if the mass
in "E = mc^2" is close to zero, then E would equal zero, not c^2... :)

  (Of course that pseudoscientific speech gets even more awesome as it
progresses...)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > > Watch this video and then pick your jaw from the floor (no, it's *not* a
> > > parody or a comedic sketch, it's real and serious):
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o
>
> > It's actually the first time I see reasonable comments on youtube.
>
>   Yeah. Even an illiterate person ought to understand that if the mass
> in "E = mc^2" is close to zero, then E would equal zero, not c^2... :)

it's also the first time I see you using an emoticon.  All thanks to homeopathy.
;P

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:48:20 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   Watch this video and then pick your jaw from the floor (no, it's *not*
> parody or a comedic sketch, it's real and serious):

Clearly from the video, I learned the speed of light incorrectly - it's
clearly c^2, not c.  After all, they wouldn't like about something so
basic as that, would they? ;-)

(The James Randi video about homeopathy was quite good as well, showed up
as a 'related' video)

Jim

Post a reply to this message