POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In my limited experience... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  In my limited experience... (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: In my limited experience...
Date: 16 Jan 2010 15:25:02
Message: <4b52209e@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   The joys of spaghetti code. Structured programming and especially
> modularity is for wimps.

That's right. Because writing utterly incomprehensible code structured
in the most complicated way possible proves how clever you are, right?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 16 Jan 2010 15:30:07
Message: <4b5221cf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Though I have to admit when I read your reply to me about smallptGPU
>> about "hey, I have an idea" I had a gut instinct of calling you a sad
>> old man. :)
>
> It's kind of a running joke, given that someone without any knowledge of
> how POV works internally suggests that all of POV could be sped up by
> porting it to GPUs about twice a year or so.

I'm aware of that which is why I hinted at using it to speed up just
pov's ray-triangle intersections.

Post a reply to this message

>>   The joys of spaghetti code. Structured programming and especially
>> modularity is for wimps.
>
> That's right. Because writing utterly incomprehensible code structured
> in the most complicated way possible proves how clever you are, right?

No, you're not clever enough while you haven't written a Haskell monoid
using nothing but closures. :)

Post a reply to this message