POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Round Manholes Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Round Manholes (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Darren New
Subject: Round Manholes
Date: 7 Jun 2008 18:44:13
Message: <484b0f3d$1@news.povray.org>
Actually, I've never seen anyone get the answer write to "why are
manholes round."  I almost hope they ask me that at my next job
interview, because the interviewer probably doesn't know either. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

I learned the answer from an Encyclopedia Brown book when I was a kid.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> Actually, I've never seen anyone get the answer write to "why are
> manholes round."  I almost hope they ask me that at my next job
> interview, because the interviewer probably doesn't know either. ;-)

It's because the subterranean creatures that burrow around make *round*
holes when they surface.  Silly.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com