POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Dimensions (Message 1 to 10 of 105)
From: Invisible
Subject: Dimensions
Date: 12 Jan 2010 05:02:01
Message: <4b4c4899$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.xkcd.com/687/

Interesting fact: In elliptic geometry, pi is less than arcsine 1. In
hyperbolic geometry, it's more than arcsine 1.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Dimensions
Date: 12 Jan 2010 05:47:12
Message: <4b4c5330$1@news.povray.org>
> http://www.xkcd.com/687/
>
> Interesting fact: In elliptic geometry, pi is less than arcsine 1. In
> hyperbolic geometry, it's more than arcsine 1.

I thought England was already surrounded by water...
did the Chunnel turn it into a peninsula of France?

Post a reply to this message

> I thought England was already surrounded by water...
> did the Chunnel turn it into a peninsula of France?

I think the idea is that the channel will get *wider* to compensate for
a better Prius (whatever that is).

Post a reply to this message