POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The magic of CSV Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  The magic of CSV (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The magic of CSV
Date: 2 Dec 2009 16:39:52
Message: <4b16dea8$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> But you'd have to run the query, copy the data, paste it into Excel and
> then fiddle about with chart options.

This is what OLE is for, and COM.  You tell Excel to run the Access query,
then chart the results with Excel, and skip the whole copy/paste step.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Dec 2009 16:49:38
Message: <4b16e0f2$1@news.povray.org>
>> But you'd have to run the query, copy the data, paste it into Excel
>> and then fiddle about with chart options.
>
> This is what OLE is for, and COM.  You tell Excel to run the Access
> query, then chart the results with Excel, and skip the whole copy/paste
> step.

Is there a way that people who aren't hardcore programmers to access
this kind of power?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/