POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The joy of RS-232 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  The joy of RS-232 (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: scott
Subject: Re: The joy of RS-232
Date: 30 Nov 2009 04:05:44
Message: <4b138ae8$1@news.povray.org>
> How do you work Hyperterminal? It seems to be expecting a modem and
> demands to know dialing codes, etc.

IIRC you can just ignore that bit (maybe you have to type something in that
dialog first) and then proceed to change the connection to "COM1" or
whatever.

Post a reply to this message

From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Nov 2009 06:26:52
Message: <4b13abfc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>> Hyperterminal if you are on Win XP or 2k or anything before Vista. Not
>> sure about Windows 7, but I can not find hyperterminal in Vista. Can
>> always use PuTTY, or if you have them installed both the Arduino or PIC
>> IDEs should suffice.
>
> How do you work Hyperterminal? It seems to be expecting a modem and
> demands to know dialing codes, etc.

Have the device connected, open hyperterminal, and change the
device/port. You will want COM#, may have to check the device manager to
see which port the 'unknown device' is connected to.

And if pictures work better,
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/HyperTerminal

The specific settings, bps, parity, stop bit and so on may differ,
obviously.