POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam (Message 21 to 30 of 54)
From: SharkD
Subject: Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
Date: 30 Nov 2009 12:44:00
Message: <4b140460$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2009 11:34 AM, Warp wrote:
>    And that doesn't take years. It takes just a minute or so. You can test
> it yourself, and it's actually quite awesome. For instance, watch a 3D game
> of even a movie with one eye (cover your other eye with something). In a
> few tens of seconds you will start seeing the game with depth perception.
> It will start looking truly three-dimensional (not*exactly*  as well as
> a real three-dimensional scene looked with both eyes, but almost).

Of course stereoscopic vision is not going to work when watching a
movie!!! It's a 2D screen! LOL!

Mike

--
Michael Horvath
mik### [at] gmailcom

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 30 Nov 2009 12:45:29
Message: <4b1404b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2009 11:34 AM, Warp wrote:
>    The lack of depth perception of people who are blind on one eye has been
> greatly exaggerated. People with only one seeing eye have a surprisingly
> good depth perception.

Can anyone think of a single athlete with only one eye?

--
Michael Horvath
mik### [at] gmailcom

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 30 Nov 2009 13:24:30
Message: <4b140dde@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> For instance, watch a 3D game of even a movie with one eye

More to the point, the general public doesn't have access to 3D games or
(usually) movies at all. It's *all* a flat TV screen.

Yet, oddly enough, one learns to aim the grenade launcher to land the
grenade where you want it to go, even without stereoscopic visuals.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)