POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought flash was only good for youtube. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  And you thought flash was only good for youtube. (Message 19 to 28 of 48)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: And you thought flash was only good for youtube.
Date: 26 Nov 2009 22:10:40
Message: <4b0f4330@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> You can Google the codec up yourself. I'm too lazy. Is Vorbis a (video)
> codec?

Vorbis is audio. Theora is video. Ogg is container.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 26 Nov 2009 22:11:51
Message: <4b0f4377$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>
>>     Unfortunately, last time I looked at it, it didn't work with Firefox
>> as FF only supported Ogg, or something similar. Works on some other
>> browsers, though.
>
> You know that Ogg is only a container format, not a codec, right? ;-)

I was told by a ffmpeg developer that ogg is quite a crap container format,
and that Matroska is way better. Of course, you're free to use it with
Theora and Vorbis (the codecs usually used with Ogg).

Post a reply to this message

>> You know that Ogg is only a container format, not a codec, right? ;-)
>
> I was told by a ffmpeg developer that ogg is quite a crap container format,
> and that Matroska is way better. Of course, you're free to use it with
> Theora and Vorbis (the codecs usually used with Ogg).

I've read the Ogg spec. Looks OK to me.

(Then again, the only other container format I know of is IFF...)

Post a reply to this message