POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Iterated derivatives Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Iterated derivatives (Message 91 to 93 of 93)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: Iterated derivatives
Date: 19 Nov 2009 23:35:01
Message: <4b061c75$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/09 02:15, scott wrote:
> pre-existing results to "Engineer" run-of-the-mill stuff, or you
> actually want to work with cutting-edge concepts and develop new stuff.
> Me, I prefer the latter, but maybe that was just because of the way my
> degree was oriented.

	Except that in engineering over here, that often requires a Masters
degree. People with bachelor's in engineering rarely do development.
They may play some role in the process, but it's rare that they'll
actually be key people in the design process.

--
I didn't know my husband drank until one day he came home sober.

Post a reply to this message

>> pre-existing results to "Engineer" run-of-the-mill stuff, or you
>> actually want to work with cutting-edge concepts and develop new stuff.
>> Me, I prefer the latter, but maybe that was just because of the way my
>> degree was oriented.
>
> Except that in engineering over here, that often requires a Masters
> degree. People with bachelor's in engineering rarely do development. They
> may play some role in the process, but it's rare that they'll actually be
> key people in the design process.

Bachelor Engineering degrees don't really exist in the UK anymore, nearly
all engineering degrees are Masters now.  Of course there are non-degree
Engineering qualifications you can do which are probably more suited to the
non-development stuff and not as theoretically based.

Post a reply to this message