POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pain Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Pain (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Pain
Date: 13 Nov 2009 23:19:12
Message: <4afe2fc0$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:12:31 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Anybody have any sensible ideas on how to fix this?

Doctor.  You don't want to mess around with a neck injury of any sort.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Nov 2009 06:24:22
Message: <4afe9366$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> There was a documentary on PBS about dogs. Apparently there is a place
> in Mexico where people raise hairless dogs and use the body heat of
> puppys as a muscle relaxant.

...the HELL?! O_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Nov 2009 06:25:01
Message: <4afe938d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Anybody have any sensible ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Doctor.  You don't want to mess around with a neck injury of any sort.

Fortunately it seems it's *finally* starting to get better.

(Fortunate because... well, have *you* tried getting hold of a doctor
recently??)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> Anybody have any sensible ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>> Doctor.  You don't want to mess around with a neck injury of any sort.
>
> Fortunately it seems it's *finally* starting to get better.
>
> (Fortunate because... well, have *you* tried getting hold of a doctor
> recently??)

Remember Jim is in America. They have to fight them off as doctors
actually get paid for treating you rather than getting paid for you
being on their books. ;)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Nov 2009 07:23:26
Message: <4afea13e$1@news.povray.org>
>> (Fortunate because... well, have *you* tried getting hold of a doctor
>> recently??)
>>
> Remember Jim is in America. They have to fight them off as doctors
> actually get paid for treating you rather than getting paid for you
> being on their books. ;)

As I understand it, you also have to pay money if you actually want to
get treated. So if you happen to not have any money... that's too bad.
(Presumably if you have a serious medical problem, they just let you die.)

Fortunately, my problem isn't life-threatening. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Nov 2009 07:33:13
Message: <4afea389$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> (Fortunate because... well, have *you* tried getting hold of a doctor
>>> recently??)
>>>
>> Remember Jim is in America. They have to fight them off as doctors
>> actually get paid for treating you rather than getting paid for you
>> being on their books. ;)
>
> As I understand it, you also have to pay money if you actually want to
> get treated. So if you happen to not have any money... that's too bad.

That’s why they have house, no medical insurance. :)

> (Presumably if you have a serious medical problem, they just let you die.)

There is a rather large debate going on about that just now.

> Fortunately, my problem isn't life-threatening. ;-)

Phew!

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 14 Nov 2009 15:00:45
Message: <4aff0c6d$1@news.povray.org>

4afea389$1@news.povray.org...

> That's why they have house, no medical insurance. :)

You mean House instead of house, don't you?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 14 Nov 2009 16:51:07
Message: <4aff264b@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c wrote:

> 4afea389$1@news.povray.org...
>
>> That's why they have house, no medical insurance. :)
>
> You mean House instead of house, don't you?
>
> Marc

No, why should I?

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 14 Nov 2009 17:18:57
Message: <4aff2cd1@news.povray.org>

4aff264b@news.povray.org...
> M_a_r_c wrote:

>> 4afea389$1@news.povray.org...
>>
>>> That's why they have house, no medical insurance. :)
>>
>> You mean House instead of house, don't you?
>>
>> Marc
>
> No, why should I?
>
> --
Subprime crisis > less house
TV medical show > more Greg House

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 14 Nov 2009 19:10:59
Message: <4aff4713$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/14/2009 6:24 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
>> There was a documentary on PBS about dogs. Apparently there is a place
>> in Mexico where people raise hairless dogs and use the body heat of
>> puppys as a muscle relaxant.
>
> ...the HELL?! O_O

I searched Youtube and couldn't find the clip. :/

Mike

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>