POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : go! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  go! (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: go!
Date: 12 Nov 2009 17:52:41
Message: <4afc91b9$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I especially liked how in one release they deprecated a set of methods
> and provided replacements, and in the next release they deprecated the
> new set and UNdeprecated the originals! o_O

That's OK. The media player I'm interfacing to deprecated a whole slew of
methods in favor of methods they haven't implemented yet. I must say, that's
a first in my experience.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 12 Nov 2009 22:05:01
Message: <web.4afccbe3d9280c8341b342430@news.povray.org>
> ...so what you're saying is, Java ended up being big server-side rather
> than client-side?
>
> Oh, the irony of designing a language that works anywhere, and then only
> running it in one place. ;-)

Like, in Sun servers, IBM machines, Windows or Linux boxes? etc

Post a reply to this message

>> I especially liked how in one release they deprecated a set of methods
>> and provided replacements, and in the next release they deprecated the
>> new set and UNdeprecated the originals! o_O
>
> That's OK. The media player I'm interfacing to deprecated a whole slew
> of methods in favor of methods they haven't implemented yet. I must say,
> that's a first in my experience.

That's friggin 31337!!

Still, at least they only deprecated rather than *remoted* stuff. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/