POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More fun with fonts Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  More fun with fonts (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Invisible
Subject: More fun with fonts
Date: 6 Nov 2009 07:51:56
Message: <4af41bec$1@news.povray.org>
Does *anybody* know how to embed a Type 1 font into a PostScript file?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: More fun with fonts
Date: 6 Nov 2009 13:53:12
Message: <4af47098$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:51:55 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Does *anybody* know how to embed a Type 1 font into a PostScript file?

http://tinyurl.com/yznjf53

Just looking at the results of that URL, looks like stackoverflow.com
might have something.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Nov 2009 04:24:56
Message: <4af7dfe8$1@news.povray.org>
>> Does *anybody* know how to embed a Type 1 font into a PostScript file?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yznjf53
>
> Just looking at the results of that URL, looks like stackoverflow.com
> might have something.

Yeah.

"In order to embed a TrueType font in a Postscript document, you will
first need to convert it to a Type 42 font. [...] Embedding Type 1 fonts
is a lot easier."

Uh-huh, that's real helpful.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:24:55 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> Does *anybody* know how to embed a Type 1 font into a PostScript file?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yznjf53
>>
>> Just looking at the results of that URL, looks like stackoverflow.com
>> might have something.
>
> Yeah.
>
> "In order to embed a TrueType font in a Postscript document, you will
> first need to convert it to a Type 42 font. [...] Embedding Type 1 fonts
> is a lot easier."
>
> Uh-huh, that's real helpful.

Then try the link at clemson.edu.  I didn't follow the links, I figured
you could probably manage that and find a result that helped you
accomplish your goal.

Jim

Post a reply to this message