POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  yay! got my graphics tablet :D (Message 1 to 10 of 34)
From: stbenge
Subject: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
Date: 3 Nov 2009 16:14:33
Message: <4af09d39@news.povray.org>
My intuos4 medium tablet finally came yesterday! It was a long wait. Why
is it that anticipation dilates time?

This tablet is awesome. It works very well with Gimp 2.6. No full
support for the touch ring though. Rotating and zooming can be
difficult, but that's what detachable menus are for :)

I managed to download Autodesk SketchBookExpress while having dinner at
a friend's house. You can rotate the canvas quite easily, which is good
for somebody like me who constantly turns a piece of paper while
drawing. It's a decent program, but not as good as Gimp.

Adobe Illustrator 9 also supports pressure sensitivity, which is a big plus.

Anyway, I said I would post some pics once my tablet came in, so here
are a few:

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char8.png?t=1257281871
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/Gnome.jpg?t=1257282031
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char6.jpg?t=1257282108
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/eye.jpg?t=1257282224

Thanks nemesis and Jim, for helping me make a good decision. It was not
a frivolous purchase ;)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 13:14:33 -0800, stbenge wrote:

> My intuos4 medium tablet finally came yesterday! It was a long wait. Why
> is it that anticipation dilates time?
>
> This tablet is awesome. It works very well with Gimp 2.6. No full
> support for the touch ring though. Rotating and zooming can be
> difficult, but that's what detachable menus are for :)
>
> I managed to download Autodesk SketchBookExpress while having dinner at
> a friend's house. You can rotate the canvas quite easily, which is good
> for somebody like me who constantly turns a piece of paper while
> drawing. It's a decent program, but not as good as Gimp.
>
> Adobe Illustrator 9 also supports pressure sensitivity, which is a big
> plus.
>
> Anyway, I said I would post some pics once my tablet came in, so here
> are a few:
>
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char8.png?t=1257281871
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/Gnome.jpg?t=1257282031
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/char6.jpg?t=1257282108
> http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/stbenge/eye.jpg?t=1257282224
>
> Thanks nemesis and Jim, for helping me make a good decision. It was not
> a frivolous purchase ;)
>
> Sam

Very impressive pics.  :-)

Jim