POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using the vtable in the GC, etc Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Using the vtable in the GC, etc (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Darren New
Subject: Using the vtable in the GC, etc
Date: 28 Oct 2009 23:54:01
Message: <4ae911d9$1@news.povray.org>
http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2009/10/gc-improvements.html

Yarg!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Using the vtable in the GC, etc
Date: 2 Nov 2009 05:56:01
Message: <4aeebac1$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2009/10/gc-improvements.html
>
> Yarg!

"Wow! You guys that you are my computing heroes.

Whenever I talk to other people about your project, I always state you
are the best example I can imagine of REAL innovation in computer
languages."

Um... excuse me?

1. It's not an innovation in language, but rather language implementation.

2. As far as I can tell, the idea they're implementing is not new. GHC
implemented it a decade ago, and I'd be really, really surprised if they
were the first to think of it.

3. In my humble opinion, the people working on Haskell and so forth are
"the REAL innovators in computer lanugages". :-P