POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GeoCities Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  GeoCities (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: GeoCities
Date: 26 Oct 2009 05:21:30
Message: <4ae56a1a$1@news.povray.org>
Apparently GeoCities is shutting down today. I know this because
visiting the XKCD homepage pegged my CPU to 100% kernel-mode usage. It
wasn't easy to close it.

(I think there's something wrong with my graphics subsystem. Anything
remotely graphics-related induces absurd amounts of CPU load...)

Post a reply to this message

> Apparently GeoCities is shutting down today. I know this because
> visiting the XKCD homepage pegged my CPU to 100% kernel-mode usage. It
> wasn't easy to close it.
>
> (I think there's something wrong with my graphics subsystem. Anything
> remotely graphics-related induces absurd amounts of CPU load...)

Today's XKCD site gave me a massive migraine.... I hope they change it
soon :/

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Today's XKCD site gave me a massive migraine.... I hope they change it
> soon :/

Ah yes, but it's a pretty accurate replica of how the Internet used to
be 10 years ago, eh?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/