POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek fail Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Geek fail (Message 21 to 30 of 81)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Geek fail
Date: 24 Oct 2009 04:20:28
Message: <4ae2b8cc$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> I just tried to double-click a word on the page with my hilighter pen.
>> o_O
>>
>> (You know, rather than dragging the pen across the word like a normal
>> human being would...)
>
> Sometimes when drawing or writing on real paper, I'll make a mistake and
> then immediately try to hit undo. Makes a person feel a bit silly ;)

I want a Ctrl Z for RL

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Oct 2009 04:23:56
Message: <4ae2b99c$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:02:37 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> I just tried to double-click a word on the page with my hilighter pen.
>> o_O
>>
>> (You know, rather than dragging the pen across the word like a normal
>> human being would...)
>
> The first thing that comes to mind here is looking for the "rewind"
> button when listening to the radio.  Or looking for the "skip back 15
> seconds" button for my radio because I use that a fair amount on my DVR.
>
> Jim

You need to get an “internet radio” the pause feature is useful. :)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 24 Oct 2009 04:30:05
Message: <4ae2bb0d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:27:23 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Does the new Nano have an AM/FM receiver in it?  If so, that's cool -
>> FM receiver and ability to pause and rewind what you listen :)
>
> Handy.  My next media player, I'll have to look for something like
> that. :-)
>
> Jim

In the UK we have DAB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting
My Pure EVOKE Flow can receive DAB, FM and internet radio stations :D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 24 Oct 2009 04:42:21
Message: <4ae2bded$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I want a Ctrl Z for RL

Ethan: Ooo... is there a save-point before that?!
Lilah: There *are* no save-points with girls, honey. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> You need to get an “internet radio” the pause feature is useful. :)

I've never been able to find a station with a bitrate low enough that it
will play reliably. All I get is constant drop-outs and stuttering...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> You need to get an “internet radio” the pause feature is useful. :)
>
> I've never been able to find a station with a bitrate low enough that it
> will play reliably. All I get is constant drop-outs and stuttering...

What sort of DAB radio do you have does it have a signal strength
indicator? MK should have OK reception.
Most people want a high bitrate to get better quality audio :P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> You need to get an “internet radio” the pause feature is useful. :)
>>
>> I've never been able to find a station with a bitrate low enough that
>> it will play reliably. All I get is constant drop-outs and stuttering...
>>

> What sort of DAB radio do you have does it have a signal strength
> indicator? MK should have OK reception.

I wasn't talking about DAB (that works fine). I was talking about
"Internet radio stations" which stream audio data over the Internet
using something like Shoutcast.

> Most people want a high bitrate to get better quality audio :P

You'd think not dropping out every few seconds would count as "better
audio quality". :-P

But then, you'd think they would design Shoutcast so that it receives a
smoothly playable signal in preference to receiving every byte of data
before it will play, so......

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:20:33 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> stbenge wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> I just tried to double-click a word on the page with my hilighter pen.
>>> o_O
>>>
>>> (You know, rather than dragging the pen across the word like a normal
>>> human being would...)
>>
>> Sometimes when drawing or writing on real paper, I'll make a mistake
>> and then immediately try to hit undo. Makes a person feel a bit silly
>> ;)
>
> I want a Ctrl Z for RL

Suspend, or undo version? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:30:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> FM receiver and ability to pause and rewind what you listen :)
>>
>> Handy.  My next media player, I'll have to look for something like
>> that. :-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> In the UK we have DAB
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting My Pure EVOKE
> Flow can receive DAB, FM and internet radio stations :D

We're starting to get digital FM here now as well.... :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message