POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric shapes that could be turned into buildings Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:33:18 EDT (-0400)
  Geometric shapes that could be turned into buildings (Message 21 to 30 of 38)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Cathedrals
Date: 19 Oct 2009 14:18:16
Message: <4adcad68$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> I visited Mont Saint-Michel as a kid, and was amazed not so much by any
> single architectural aspect, but more by the implausibility of the
> entire scene, including surrounding town.

Is that that one that's on an island that's only an island at high tide?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 19 Oct 2009 15:37:15
Message: <4adcbfeb$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Is that that one that's on an island that's only an island at high tide?

That's the one!  Very awesome.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Oct 2009 15:49:24
Message: <4adcc2c4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Is that that one that's on an island that's only an island at high tide?
>
> That's the one!  Very awesome.

Awake! Awak! St Micheal,
Your time is now at hand.
Thou thinkest not of the pilgrims
Which thron every foreign strand.

Why would I think of the pilgrams,
For healthy they are and free,
Dry foot they come awalking
Across the dry bed of the sea.

[Oh GOD I hate that song...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 19 Oct 2009 16:39:29
Message: <4adcce81@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia
>
> That is all I'll say

whoa!  A baroque work still going on today?!

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 19 Oct 2009 16:47:16
Message: <4adcd054@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> whoa!  A baroque work still going on today?!

It's a cathedral, but I wouldn't call it baroque -- I consider it as
solidly rooted in an art nouveau style (in particular a substyle
particular to Gaudi).  It's really an amazing building though, and I
hope to be able to see the completed version someday.

Post a reply to this message

Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>
> > whoa!  A baroque work still going on today?!
>
> It's a cathedral, but I wouldn't call it baroque -- I consider it as
> solidly rooted in an art nouveau style (in particular a substyle
> particular to Gaudi).  It's really an amazing building though, and I
> hope to be able to see the completed version someday.

well, art nouveau is pretty baroque itself, with all the arabesques and
recursive decorative figures... :)

Post a reply to this message