POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox DOS Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Firefox DOS (Message 11 to 20 of 32)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Firefox DOS
Date: 14 Oct 2009 12:23:34
Message: <4ad5fb05@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2009 3:45 PM, Darren New wrote:
> > There has to be a way to stop a script that does
> >
> > while (1) {alert("Ha ha!");}
> >
> > from making you kill your browser from the taskbar, yes?
> >

> And, here I was thinking you were talking about running Firefox under
> MS-DOS. Silly me!

  Maybe the subject would have been better written as "Firefox DoS" to be
slightly more unambiguous.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Oct 2009 12:25:47
Message: <4ad5fb8b$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/14/2009 11:23 AM, Warp wrote:

>    Maybe the subject would have been better written as "Firefox DoS" to be
> slightly more unambiguous.

Indeed.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2009 12:42:44
Message: <4ad5ff84$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 10/14/2009 11:23 AM, Warp wrote:
>

>>    Maybe the subject would have been better written as "Firefox DoS"
>> to be
>> slightly more unambiguous.
>>

> Indeed.

So I take it I'm not missing something obvious that would allow me to keep
from having to kill my own broken test javascript code? :-)  Damn. OK.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)