POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More Internet strangeness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:43 EDT (-0400)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: More Internet strangeness
Date: 10 Oct 2009 15:54:47

From: Warp
Subject: Re: More Internet strangeness
Date: 10 Oct 2009 16:07:07

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Oct 2009 16:16:32
Message: <4ad0eba0$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   What do you find odd about that?
>
>   Ever seen this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux
>
>   Or this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bsd_daemon.jpg

I suppose any mascot is kind of a random thing. But Japanese girls?
That's *very* random...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: clipka
Date: 11 Oct 2009 09:49:58
Message: <4ad1e286@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 schrieb:

> I suppose any mascot is kind of a random thing. But Japanese girls?
> That's *very* random...

Not if you live in Japan, I guess...

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 11 Oct 2009 12:31:30
Message: <4ad20862@news.povray.org>
> Orchid XP v8 schrieb:

> > I suppose any mascot is kind of a random thing. But Japanese girls?
> > That's *very* random...

> Not if you live in Japan, I guess...

  Not if you live almost anywhere. The world is full of japanophiles and
anime freaks. (Count me as one, btw.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Oct 2009 13:59:18
Message: <4ad21cf6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Not if you live almost anywhere. The world is full of japanophiles and
> anime freaks. (Count me as one, btw.)

I think a great deal of Japanese "saturday morning cartoon" type shows
involve stuff like that, or teen-age boys that turn into fighters, or other
stuff like that, yes?  Wasn't that the whole "teenage ninja mutant turtle"
parody?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>> I suppose any mascot is kind of a random thing. But Japanese girls?
>> That's *very* random...
>
> Not if you live in Japan, I guess...

Yeah, but seriously, who actually lives in Japan anyway? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:27:26 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> I suppose any mascot is kind of a random thing. But Japanese girls?
>>> That's *very* random...
>>
>> Not if you live in Japan, I guess...
>
> Yeah, but seriously, who actually lives in Japan anyway? :-P

Apart from the Japanese, my brother...?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Yeah, but seriously, who actually lives in Japan anyway? :-P
>
> Apart from the Japanese, my brother...?

I guess that one would have worked better of John Clease had said it...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:16:37 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Yeah, but seriously, who actually lives in Japan anyway? :-P
>>
>> Apart from the Japanese, my brother...?
>
> I guess that one would have worked better of John Clease had said it...

;-)

Jim