POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Tchaikovsky (Message 31 to 40 of 62)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Tchaikovsky
Date: 1 Oct 2009 20:21:01
Message: <4ac5476d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Interesting.  That is certainly loud - did the students have any sort of
> ear protection?

I'm not sure.  It might not have *actually* been 120dB either, but just
really loud.

> That does sound cool.  I have always liked sound reproduction that
> involves the space as part of the performance, but it's so rare because
> it requires a lot of planning and setup work.

Indeed.  Every now and then I manage to catch an art museum with some
sort of exhibit which incorporates sound and/or music into a space.  I
almost always enjoy it.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:20:57 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Interesting.  That is certainly loud - did the students have any sort
>> of ear protection?
>
> I'm not sure.  It might not have *actually* been 120dB either, but just
> really loud.

I guess at that point it makes little difference what the actual dB level
is. :-)

>> That does sound cool.  I have always liked sound reproduction that
>> involves the space as part of the performance, but it's so rare because
>> it requires a lot of planning and setup work.
>>

> Indeed.  Every now and then I manage to catch an art museum with some
> sort of exhibit which incorporates sound and/or music into a space.  I
> almost always enjoy it.

I'm going to have to see if there's anything here in SLC like that
now. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message