POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Extreme DIY Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Extreme DIY (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Extreme DIY
Date: 28 Sep 2009 15:38:49
Message: <e542c5tgc094one1u1evi54hhu4c2gbq6p@4ax.com>
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:05:45 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>> And? :-)
>
>And I'm not renting a room from him any more?  But since he'd been trying
>for 15 years before I was there, I tend to believe he continued to fail.

Fair enough :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Sep 2009 17:16:08
Message: <4ac12798$1@news.povray.org>
>> - This guy spent months BUILDING A PIPE ORGAN IN HIS HOUSE, and he
>> still somehow has FRIENDS?!
>>
> If you build a pipe organ you'll also have plenty of friends. Mainly
> elderly men with beards, I predict.

Funny you should say that; so far all the organists I've met have been
jolly fat old men. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) As for
organ *builders*... well, I've only met two.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> - This guy spent months BUILDING A PIPE ORGAN IN HIS HOUSE, and he
>>> still somehow has FRIENDS?!
>>>
>> If you build a pipe organ you'll also have plenty of friends. Mainly
>> elderly men with beards, I predict.
>
> Funny you should say that; so far all the organists I've met have been
> jolly fat old men. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

And was I right about the beards?

Post a reply to this message

>>> If you build a pipe organ you'll also have plenty of friends. Mainly
>>> elderly men with beards, I predict.
>>
>> Funny you should say that; so far all the organists I've met have been
>> jolly fat old men. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
>
> And was I right about the beards?

Nope, no beards.

In fact, I'm going to Guildford Cathedral today, and the organist there
is a women. (Admittedly a pretty weird-looking one, but a women none the
less.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/