POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This, now, is mine Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  This, now, is mine (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: This, now, is mine
Date: 20 Sep 2009 19:17:17
Message: <4ab6b7fd$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers schrieb:

> Not exactly.  A roommate is hardup for cash, so he had a yard sale.
> Before the sale, he mentioned that he was selling one of his guitars as
> well (he still has two others).  I've always wanted to play, but never
> gotten around to it, so I grabbed the chance :)

Sounds good. If he does have two more, chances are he knows a bit about
guitars and would refuse to ever owns trashy ones ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 20 Sep 2009 19:49:13
Message: <4ab6bf79$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:08:09 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:
>
>> clipka wrote:
>>> Always heed rule #1: Let it be fun! (But do allow your fingers to hurt :-P)
>> Never play till your fingers bleed, even if you are reminiscing about a
>> summer from 40 years back.
>
> Who's giving her age away, then. :P

Not me, that song didn't hit the radios till '84.

Post a reply to this message

> Sounds good. If he does have two more, chances are he knows a bit about
> guitars and would refuse to ever owns trashy ones ;-)

I think that cuts both ways. He's only selling the crappiest one. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

>> Sounds good. If he does have two more, chances are he knows a bit
>> about guitars and would refuse to ever owns trashy ones ;-)
>
> I think that cuts both ways. He's only selling the crappiest one. :-)

Yeah, but even that will be ok :-)

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:49:07 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:

>>> Never play till your fingers bleed, even if you are reminiscing about a
>>> summer from 40 years back.
>>
>> Who's giving her age away, then. :P
>
>Not me, that song didn't hit the radios till '84.

Sorry you lost me on that one.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I think that cuts both ways. He's only selling the crappiest one. :-)

No, he's also looking to sell another.

Of course, that just means he's keeping the best one, leaving the
quality of the two he's selling in doubt ;)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:49:07 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:
>
>> Stephen wrote:

>>> Who's giving her age away, then. :P
>> Not me, that song didn't hit the radios till '84.
>
> Sorry you lost me on that one.

Okay, I will help out on the reference. The lyrics went, as follows:

Got my first real six string, bought it at the five and dime.
Played until my fingers bled, it was the summer of 69.

On day I will figure out if I should be impressed that I appear that
age. Not anytime soon, though.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:19:19 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:

>> Sorry you lost me on that one.
>
>Okay, I will help out on the reference. The lyrics went, as follows:
>
>Got my first real six string, bought it at the five and dime.
>Played until my fingers bled, it was the summer of 69.

Thanks :oops:

I don't know the song but I am of that age and 1969 was a very good year.

>On day I will figure out if I should be impressed that I appear that
>age. Not anytime soon, though.

You don't look it and I was surprised that you said 40 years ago.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message