POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tomorrow's World classics go online. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Tomorrow's World classics go online. (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Stephen
Subject: Tomorrow's World classics go online.
Date: 14 Sep 2009 01:57:17
Message: <0pmra55s15l5ei9ummdqguamfii0mo8pmn@4ax.com>
In 1965 the BBC launched a technology programme called Tomorrow's World. The BBC
has just released archive footage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8253236.stm

And the archive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/tomorrowsworld/8001.shtml?all=2&id=8001

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: Tomorrow's World classics go online.
Date: 14 Sep 2009 10:38:29
Message: <4aae5565$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/14/09 00:57, Stephen wrote:
> In 1965 the BBC launched a technology programme called Tomorrow's World. The BBC
> has just released archive footage.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8253236.stm
>
> And the archive.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/tomorrowsworld/8001.shtml?all=2&id=8001

	"Not available in your area"

--
In an Astronomy class (toward an Astronomy major, not that gen-ed crap)
the professor did not tell us we would have to remember constants, and

One of them was: What is the orbital period of Saturn? (2 pts/100)

I started thinking about Bode's law and the posibility I could calculate
it from an approximate radius I would get from that law... if I could
remember it. But when you expect a 72% to be an A on a test, you have
bigger fish to fry.

Then I got it. It was right, it should work, and no one would have to be
nailed to anything.

I wrote: One Saturn-Year

I didn't get credit for it. A couple years later a sophomore was telling
me about this funny question he had in the same class. He showed it to
me. It read:

What is the orbital period of Saturn? (Do not put one Saturn-Year)

I was so right that it had to be guarded against. Yet those were 2
points I would never have.

(as told by SetupWeasel on Slashdot)

Post a reply to this message