POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : (T-Mobile) phone service contracts Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  (T-Mobile) phone service contracts (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gregjohn
Subject: (T-Mobile) phone service contracts
Date: 12 Sep 2009 08:50:01
Message: <web.4aab988df88556cb34d207310@news.povray.org>
Mods: I don't mind if you have to delete this thread.

Anyway, I was discussing the possible purchase of a T-Mobile Mytouch G3 phone
with a salesman.  The required contract was going to be something like $65 a
month. However, "if you qualify," there was some kind of break on the phone or
the contract, maybe like 15% on one or both.  While looking at the price on the
web, I didn't see any such offer.

i) <Sigh> another purchase where you have to be a jerk and haggle your way to a
decent price.

ii) Is that real?  Is it a credit check?

Post a reply to this message

> Anyway, I was discussing the possible purchase of a T-Mobile Mytouch G3 phone
> with a salesman.  The required contract was going to be something like $65 a
> month. However, "if you qualify," there was some kind of break on the phone or
> the contract, maybe like 15% on one or both.  While looking at the price on the
> web, I didn't see any such offer.
>
> i) <Sigh> another purchase where you have to be a jerk and haggle your way to a
> decent price.

What options did you have with your plan?  $65 is $20 less than what I
pay for my 300-minute-a-month plus unlimited text and data plan, which I
don't think is too bad.  Though be warned that T-Mobile doesn't have
much 3G coverage outside of a few major metropolitan areas, so it might
not be as useful as you'd like.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net