POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Mysteries of the universe (Message 94 to 103 of 223)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Mysteries of the universe
Date: 3 Sep 2009 17:32:48
Message: <4aa03600$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> ...with the disadvantage of having a maximum string size,

Every machine has a maximum string size. What you really mean is "a maximum
string size small enough I've bumped into it often enough to be annoying."

I knew a professor who taught "There's two kinds of programming languages.
Those that support bounds-checks on their fundamental data types, and those
that don't know they need to support bounds-checks on their fundamental data
types."  (Or something to that effect.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)