POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane (Message 1 to 10 of 81)
From: Warp
Subject: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
Date: 25 Aug 2009 13:38:13
Message: <4a942185@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SBC_sculpture_daytime.jpg

  Almost looks like raytraced, but seems to be just a photo.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Reflecting (and bent) torus on checkered plane
Date: 25 Aug 2009 13:43:07
Message: <4a9422ab$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:38:13 -0400, Warp wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SBC_sculpture_daytime.jpg
>
>   Almost looks like raytraced, but seems to be just a photo.

It is, but I don't think it's a torus, the locals call it a "bean".

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ko27e8

According to Wikipedia:

"Cloud Gate is a highly polished reflective steel sculpture that is meant
to resemble a drop of mercury hovering at the point of landing on a plaza
of the park."

(The object is called "Cloud Gate")

Jim

Post a reply to this message