POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I bet you'll appreciate this... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  I bet you'll appreciate this... (Message 1 to 10 of 43)
From: Chambers
Subject: I bet you'll appreciate this...
Date: 25 Aug 2009 04:03:57
Message: <4a939aed@news.povray.org>
http://www.snopes.com/computer/program/stroustrup.asp

I know it's not true, but it's still so funny I couldn't help sharing it
here :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: I bet you'll appreciate this...
Date: 25 Aug 2009 07:33:12
Message: <4a93cbf8$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers escreveu:
> http://www.snopes.com/computer/program/stroustrup.asp
>
> I know it's not true, but it's still so funny I couldn't help sharing it
> here :)

this is even funnier:
http://www.asandler.com/jokes/computer/c.shtml

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 25 Aug 2009 07:42:42
Message: <4a93ce32$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> this is even funnier:
> http://www.asandler.com/jokes/computer/c.shtml

Is this a joke or a documentary?

" for(;P("\n"),R-;P("|"))for(e=C;e-;P("_"+(*u++/8)%2))P("|"+(*u/4)%2);

To think that modern programmers would try to use a language that
allowed such a statement was beyond our comprehension! We actually
thought of selling this to the Soviets to set their computer science
progress back 20 or more years."

I could believe that. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> To think that modern programmers would try to use a language that
> allowed such a statement was beyond our comprehension! We actually
> thought of selling this to the Soviets to set their computer science
> progress back 20 or more years."
>
> I could believe that. ;-)

Certainly a well thought-out joke... :)