POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 626 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  626 (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: 626
Date: 23 Aug 2009 00:58:17
Message: <4a90cc69$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:30:18 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   And in Finland if I tell you that you can bypass DVD copy protection
>   by
> using mencoder, at least in theory I could get jailed. Not only is the
> act of bypassing copy protections illegal, but even discussing with
> someone how to do it is illegal.

As Darren said, DMCA here is very similar.  But the other rather
insidious part of copyright is how "big copyright holders" continue to
extend the terms of copyright in the US.  Just have a look at the
copyrights Disney holds on Mickey Mouse and see how that lobby has pushed
(and continues to push) the extension of copyrights.

Jim

Post a reply to this message