POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : australian english Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  australian english (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Daniel Bastos
Subject: australian english
Date: 20 Aug 2009 20:20:28
Message: <4a8de84c$1@news.povray.org>
Any Australians around? Or perhaps Aussie-knowledgeble people? For
some reason, I have listened to a lot of rock from Australia. Midnight
Oil, Hoodoo Gurus, Gangajang, Australian Crawl, Men at Work, and
probably others. Oh, does anybody ever heard of Spy versus Spy?

Australian Crawl must be by far the least sensible ---
Englishwise. All probably due to James Reyne. I remember about 10
years ago, I found the first lyrics I ever found on Australian Crawl,
transcribed by guy with an australian email and he remarked something
like ~``sorry about any errors; james reyne is hard to understand.''~

Perhaps one of my favorite songs...

  Could never walk away from that girl
  She's the only one in the world, wooorld, wooorrl wooorl woorld. :-)
  She's a ruler of tabletop.

What? A ruler of tabletop?

  She's no persnickety
  She's a real persimmon
  She's all I got

  She's a pretty, serene surrender
  Unlike Chrissie, she's no pretender
  She's a Coupé Dynaflow, ow ow
  She's no disguise
  It's no surprise
  She's all I've known

  And that's when love gets really tough
  That's when love beats me up

Sometimes Midnight Oil isn't too easy to get either. But that's mostly
my fault, I guess. That's more like a History question, I have.

  Pack your bags full of guns and ammunition
  Bills fall due for the Industrial Revolution
  Scortch the Earth 'til the Earth surrenders

Bills fall due? The price for the Industrial Revolution must
eventually be paid?

And... Does ``Mountains in the Shadow of Light'' make sense to anyone?