POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ahhh, memories.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:01 EDT (-0400)
  Ahhh, memories.... (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Ahhh, memories....
Date: 20 Aug 2009 04:03:51
Message: <4a8d0367$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> I found a website that archived old CD distributions of even older BBS
> software sites. Digging through some of them, there was DKBTrace 2.12
> and POV-Ray 1.0 for the A4000. The source code was so compact back then!

I *ran* POV-Ray on an A1200. (In fact, I probably still have it set up.)

You remember textures1.pov? The demo file that renders half a dozen
cylinders with different textures from textures.inc? That took about an
hour at 640x480 without AA. (Off the top of my head, anyway.) This on an
Amiga 1200 with an accelerator card (i.e., running with a faster CPU
than stock, and with an *FPU* as well).

Post a reply to this message