POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do you think? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  What do you think? (Message 78 to 87 of 87)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: What do you think?
Date: 19 Aug 2009 10:11:55
Message: <4a8c082b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:32:57 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>

>> I call BS.  :-)
>>
>> They're immediately branded "terrorists" by people too lazy (or dumb)
>> to know the difference between extremists and mainstream Muslims.
>>

> My wife had a very long argument with someone who considered all Muslims
> terrorists. It does happen, unfortunately.

I think that falls in my "lazy (or dumb)" category....I wasn't saying it
didn't happen, but that there are people who don't actually apply their
brain or attempt to understand that there are differences in the Muslim
world that are as varied (if not more so) than the differences between,
say, a Lutheran and Pat Robertson's particular brand of Christianity.
(And yes, I do consider PR to be an "extremist").

Jim

Post a reply to this message