POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backward Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Backward (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Backward
Date: 18 Aug 2009 05:16:15
Message: <4a8a715f$1@news.povray.org>
> The program continues to run with nobody logged on, and continues to
> execute any instructions it has been given. However, to give it
> instructions, you have to log on, and it records the username of the
> person giving the instructions. If we had a single logon, there would be
> no record of who issued those instructions.

Just set it up so the program that you give commands to cannot be started as
the lab user, and then do "Run As" the real user when you need to issue
commands...

BTW I thought you could switch users on XP and Vista without the first
user's programs being shut down.

Post a reply to this message

>> The program continues to run with nobody logged on, and continues to
>> execute any instructions it has been given. However, to give it
>> instructions, you have to log on, and it records the username of the
>> person giving the instructions. If we had a single logon, there would
>> be no record of who issued those instructions.
>
> Just set it up so the program that you give commands to cannot be
> started as the lab user, and then do "Run As" the real user when you
> need to issue commands...

That could work, I guess.

> BTW I thought you could switch users on XP and Vista without the first
> user's programs being shut down.

Uh... yeah, possibly.

Post a reply to this message