POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deliverator car = Red Ryder BB Gun? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Deliverator car = Red Ryder BB Gun? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Shay
Subject: Deliverator car = Red Ryder BB Gun?
Date: 4 Aug 2009 13:23:16
Message: <4a786e84$1@news.povray.org>
Years ago, someone, somewhere told me about a book character with the
name Hero Protagonist. The name stuck in my memory. Maybe two years ago,
I looked up the book (and found out it's Hiro). A few weeks ago, I came
across that book at a friend's house and read the first few chapters.

Is it just me, or can others not read Neal Stephenson [1] without
hearing the narrator from "A Christmas Story"?

"Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! We were trapped. There he stood,
between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow
eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"

"The Deliverator's car has enough potential energy packed into its
batteries to fire a pound of bacon into the Asteroid Belt. Unlike a
bimbo box or a Burb beater, the Deliverator's car unloads that power
through gaping, gleaming, polished sphincters. When the Deliverator puts
the hammer down, shit happens."

  -Shay

[1] At least "Snowcrash" and "Diamond Age." I've read excerpts of each.
I won't finish "Snowcrash." I was curious, but I think I got the gist of
it by sampling those first chapters.

Post a reply to this message

> I was curious, but I think I got the gist of
> it by sampling those first chapters.

I think you're mistaken. It doesn't start to pop until after he gets fired.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

> Is it just me, or can others not read Neal Stephenson [1] without
> hearing the narrator from "A Christmas Story"?
>
> "Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! We were trapped. There he stood,
> between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow
> eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"

LOL, you have a point there.

Yeah, I am luke warm on Stephenson though I ploughed through several of
his books.  Struck me as a guy trying too hard to show off his brain
more than anything else.  The whole never really trancends the parts,
but such as they are, the books can get you thinking on some of the
themes.

I will credit him evermore for arming me with the expression, to do "a
Stuka"