POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting talk Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting talk (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Darren New
Subject: Interesting talk
Date: 2 Aug 2009 14:19:28
Message: <4a75d8b0@news.povray.org>
An interesting talk about how MS designed the "Ribbon" for Office.
It's about 90 minutes long, but it's not tedious if you just listen to it
while doing something else.  And it's a *real* good example of why FOSS is
going to have a very hard time coming up with new and innovative UI for at
least some sorts of programs, just for lack of resources and motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl9kD693ie4&feature=channel

Then, oddly enough, an hour later I ran across discussion of a new UI for OOo:

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_ui_july

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."