POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Graphic Programming Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Windows Graphic Programming (Message 38 to 47 of 47)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Windows Graphic Programming
Date: 2 Aug 2009 02:31:58
Message: <4a7532de$1@news.povray.org>
David H. Burns wrote:

> Well, exasperated, I'm willing to admit it: Graphics programming in
> Windows is complicated, too complicated to bother with it appears to me.

This is why I use OpenGL for graphics.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 2 Aug 2009 10:01:54
Message: <4a759c52$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/01/09 10:08, Warp wrote:
>    Not often with the keyboard, but I often swap my USB mouse between
> my desktop computer and my work laptop. An old PS/2 mouse couldn't be
> used like that (and not only because the laptop as no PS/2 port).

	I'm not understanding why.

	I've tried this on Linux on my office machine, and it worked just fine.

	The problem usually is that if you load X without the mouse plugged in,
then you'll need to reload X to get the mouse working. However, if you
loaded X with the mouse, and then switch the mouse in the same session,
it works fine.

--
Kotter: "Have you ever considered becoming a vet?"
Epstein: "Uh...Uh no. My brother Sanchez was in the army. Didn't like it

Post a reply to this message