POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The wonders of Wal-Mart Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  The wonders of Wal-Mart (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Darren New
Subject: The wonders of Wal-Mart
Date: 26 Jul 2009 13:21:22
Message: <4a6c9092$1@news.povray.org>
I thought the first one was just a fluke:

Me: "Where can I find naval jelly?"
Info desk: "I'm not sure we carry it, but it would be in cosmetics."

Yesterday: "Do you guys carry soldering pencils?"
Info desk, slightly more clueful: "Check hardware. Or stationary."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

> Info desk: "I'm not sure we carry it, but it would be in cosmetics."

<snicker> Navel jelly.

> Yesterday: "Do you guys carry soldering pencils?"
> Info desk, slightly more clueful: "Check hardware. Or stationary."

Hardware might not be a bad place to look. But stationary?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Yesterday: "Do you guys carry soldering pencils?"
>> Info desk, slightly more clueful: "Check hardware. Or stationary."
>>

> Hardware might not be a bad place to look. But stationary?

	Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed there
never moves away from there.

--
ASCII and ye shall receive.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Yesterday: "Do you guys carry soldering pencils?"
>>> Info desk, slightly more clueful: "Check hardware. Or stationary."
>>>

>> Hardware might not be a bad place to look. But stationary?
>
>     Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed
> there never moves away from there.

+1

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

>     Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed
> there never moves away from there.

I dunno, pens and pencils seem to grow legs and wander off..

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>>     Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed
>> there never moves away from there.
>
> I dunno, pens and pencils seem to grow legs and wander off..

In the guys defense, wood burning kits (which look a lot like
a soldering iron, and can do double duty) probably are near
the calligraphy pens in stationary.

I hope no one splashed acid on their face thinking it's cosmetic.

Post a reply to this message

> In the guys defense, wood burning kits (which look a lot like
> a soldering iron, and can do double duty) probably are near
> the calligraphy pens in stationary.

Wouldn't that be Arts & Crafts? I suppose if arts and crafts in near
stationary......

> I hope no one splashed acid on their face thinking it's cosmetic.

Ouch ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> In the guys defense, wood burning kits (which look a lot like
> a soldering iron, and can do double duty) probably are near
> the calligraphy pens in stationary.

That's a good call. The guy did seem pretty clueful. He didn't go "A what?"
like almost everyone in Wal-mart does when you ask for anything more complex
than paper towels.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

>>> Hardware might not be a bad place to look. But stationary?
>>
>> Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed there
>> never moves away from there.
>>

> +1

	You're upvoting my making humorous remarks about your spelling woes?

	I normally wouldn't ask, but I realize that my post could have had
other unintended meanings...

--
ASCII and ye shall receive.

Post a reply to this message

> >> Hardware might not be a bad place to look. But stationary?
> >
> >     Stationary is always a good place to look, because stuff placed
> > there never moves away from there.
> >

> +1

  I must admit I don't get this reference.

--
                                                          - Warp