POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 364 to 373 of 473)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 29 Jul 2009 02:22:03
Message: <4a6fea8b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I am 75% sure that the C64 would *automatically* indent your code. As
> in, if you wrote a FOR-NEXT loop, the loop body would automatically
> appear indented, and there was nothing you could do about it.

I had one, and I can guarantee that it didn't.

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 29 Jul 2009 02:35:50
Message: <4a6fedc6$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> I am 75% sure that the C64 would *automatically* indent your code. As
>> in, if you wrote a FOR-NEXT loop, the loop body would automatically
>> appear indented, and there was nothing you could do about it.
>
> I had one, and I can guarantee that it didn't.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 29 Jul 2009 04:25:45
Message: <4a700789@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
> > Invisible wrote:
> >> I am 75% sure that the C64 would *automatically* indent your code. As
> >> in, if you wrote a FOR-NEXT loop, the loop body would automatically
> >> appear indented, and there was nothing you could do about it.
> >
> > I had one, and I can guarantee that it didn't.

> Screenshots or it didn't happen.

  GIYF.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't C
Date: 29 Jul 2009 09:30:01
Message: <web.4a704e986bcf74aeedb9d8df0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Argh! Stupid newsreader segfaulting right before saving the message list,
> then on restart thinking the message wasn't sent yet and sending it again.

...... and again (QED).

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 29 Jul 2009 11:19:27
Message: <4A706880.1000405@hotmail.com>
On 29-7-2009 5:46, Darren New wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> What, ON GOTO and ON GOSUB weren't good enough for you? :-)
>>
>> What, no COMEFROM?
>
> Actually, the problem with GOTO is not the GOTO, but the label. If you
> added a COMEFROM, you'd actually have a much easier time figuring out
> the code.

The clasical comefrom has a syntax of "COMEFROM 110" and as soon as the
program comes to line 110 it will continue the line after the comefrom.

see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COMEFROM

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Jul 2009 13:33:53
Message: <4a708801@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:51:23 -0500, David H. Burns wrote:

> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>>> "Jesus was a capricorn"
>>
>> "Capricorn, eh? What are they like?"
>> "He is the son of God, our Messiah! King of the Jews!" "And that's
>> capricorn, is it?"
>>

> Well, I agree with the middle quote of the three. Of course whether He
> is a Capricorn in astrological terms depends on the date of His birth,
> which is disputed. Of course I doubt if that was what was meant. :)
>
> David

Bill was quoting Monty Python there, just in case you're unfamiliar with
The Life of Brian.  :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 29 Jul 2009 13:50:01
Message: <web.4a708b4eac52dfd474340c00@news.povray.org>
> Bill was quoting Monty Python there, just in case you're unfamiliar with
> The Life of Brian.  :-)

Duh - and I didn't recognize it...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Jul 2009 14:52:26
Message: <4a709a6a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:47:58 -0400, clipka wrote:

>> Bill was quoting Monty Python there, just in case you're unfamiliar
>> with The Life of Brian.  :-)
>
> Duh - and I didn't recognize it...

What does that say about both of us? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: David H  Burns
Date: 29 Jul 2009 21:04:45
Message: <4a70f1ad$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:51:23 -0500, David H. Burns wrote:
>
>> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>>> "Capricorn, eh? What are they like?"
>>> "He is the son of God, our Messiah! King of the Jews!" "And that's
>>> capricorn, is it?"
>>>

>> Well, I agree with the middle quote of the three. Of course whether He
>> is a Capricorn in astrological terms depends on the date of His birth,
>> which is disputed. Of course I doubt if that was what was meant. :)
>>
>> David
>
> Bill was quoting Monty Python there, just in case you're unfamiliar with
> The Life of Brian.  :-)
>
> Jim
Thanks, I'm familiar with "The Life of Brian" only by name. :)

David

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Jul 2009 01:15:21
Message: <4a712c69$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:04:59 -0500, David H. Burns wrote:

> Thanks, I'm familiar with "The Life of Brian" only by name. :)

No problem - very funny movie, at least for most people I know.  Oddly
enough, the Pythons *claim* that they didn't intend it to be a religious
spoof, it just 'turned out that way', but that claim to me seems highly
suspect.... ;-)

Jim