POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 361 to 370 of 473)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 28 Jul 2009 23:46:37
Message: <4a6fc61d@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>> you could do a "GOTO xyz" where xyz was a variable.
>> What, ON GOTO and ON GOSUB weren't good enough for you? :-)
>
> What, no COMEFROM?

Actually, the problem with GOTO is not the GOTO, but the label. If you added
a COMEFROM, you'd actually have a much easier time figuring out the code.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't C
Date: 28 Jul 2009 23:46:46
Message: <4a6fc625@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Darren New wrote:
>> I've always wondered why people think C is good for writing kernel-level
>> code, as the only facility in C that actually deals with the sorts of
>> things you do in a kernel is "volatile".

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/volatile-considered-harmful.txt

Argh! Stupid newsreader segfaulting right before saving the message list,
then on restart thinking the message wasn't sent yet and sending it again.

Post a reply to this message