POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Evolution of species Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Evolution of species (Message 31 to 31 of 31)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Evolution of species
Date: 24 Jul 2009 12:35:00
Message: <web.4a69e24439bf35336e32850e0@news.povray.org>
> I understand that. Aren't neanderthals between us and the common ancestor of
> us and chimps?  I.e., didn't cro magnon descend from neanderthal?  I guess I
> should look that up myself, but...

Nope.

In the last decades, research found clear evidence that neanderthalensis and cro
magnon developed independently from a common ancestor.

Recent research adds that although neanderthalensis and cro magnon have been
living side by side in Europe for quite some time, they did not interbreed (at
least not successfully in the long run); neanderthalensis did not leave any
trace in the genome of modern human (and it most likely wasn't for a lack of
occasional attempts).

Thus neanderthalensis - although most likely having been human enough to go
unnoticed in a modern city, and maybe also intellectually evolved enough to get
along ok in modern times - turns out to be just the last of many separate
species of homo erectus to be out-evolved by the direct ancestors of modern
human.

Looks like The Intelligent Designer did a lot of experimenting before settling
on the final design for Adam...