POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What does it look like out *your* window? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  What does it look like out *your* window? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Darren New
Subject: What does it look like out *your* window?
Date: 5 Jul 2009 19:47:23
Message: <4a513b8b@news.povray.org>
Some un-retouched D90 photos of what it looks like out my windows. (About
6.5meg each, mind.)

Out the bedroom window:
http://darren.s3.amazonaws.com/D90/DSC_0033.JPG
That's a bit of my patio and yard, the 4th tee, the wilderness preservation
area on the right and the creek down the hill, with the back neighbors
across the way.

The "home office" window view:
http://darren.s3.amazonaws.com/D90/DSC_0037.JPG
It's nice because the house is at a tee in the road, which means I'm not
looking straight at the neighbor across the street.

The same office window from the chair I sit in:
http://darren.s3.amazonaws.com/D90/DSC_0039.JPG
Note the bad contrast, which is far from obviously a problem
when looking thru the viewfinder. With a "live view" LCD sort
of thing, it's much more obvious. I guess this is where practice
comes into it.

Same photo, with "Active D-Light" turned on. This is
basically active multi-zone contrast control. Just for
contrast, no pun intended.
http://darren.s3.amazonaws.com/D90/DSC_0040.JPG

So what do you get to look at out your windows?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

> Some un-retouched D90 photos of what it looks like out my windows.

P.S., hand-held, letting the camera make the decisions, thru a window, no
polarizer or other filters on it.