POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nikon D90 Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Nikon D90 (Message 11 to 20 of 76)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Nikon D90
Date: 27 Jun 2009 09:35:33
Message: <4a462025$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Yes. After all, it's AFAIK the cheapest non-Canon CMOS -based SLR. At
>>> least it's the cheapest CMOS-based Nikon SLR.
>> I thought that was the D20...
>
> Can you link specs? I've never heard of such model, Nikon's web-pages
> won't show it, neither does Digiwowo.

It appears I have my model numbers wrong. It was the D40.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Jun 2009 10:04:35
Message: <4a4626f3@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

> There was a Nikon D200, but that was not a low-end model.

It wasn't CMOS either.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Jun 2009 10:05:35
Message: <4a46272f$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> It appears I have my model numbers wrong. It was the D40.

D40 is CCD, not CMOS.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Jun 2009 11:25:19
Message: <4a4639df$1@news.povray.org>
> D40 is CCD, not CMOS.

Oh, OK then. Does that make some kind of difference?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 27 Jun 2009 11:37:14
Message: <4a463caa@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> D40 is CCD, not CMOS.
>
> Oh, OK then. Does that make some kind of difference?

Yes, it does :). CCD makes more noise in dark.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message