POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dark visions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Dark visions (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Dark visions
Date: 23 Jun 2009 14:43:44
Message: <4a412260$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> ...which, worryingly, appears to actually exist...

Yes. The National Institute of Mental Health.. :-D

Now... what do you suppose they were doing with super-intelligent rats?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Jun 2009 15:30:04
Message: <4a412d3c$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...which, worryingly, appears to actually exist...
>
> Yes. The National Institute of Mental Health.. :-D
>
> Now... what do you suppose they were doing with super-intelligent rats?

According to the notes on the book, there was a "N.I.H." that were doing
experiments with rats, and they "preferred them wild rather than tame".
If you read the book, you'll see the modestly close fit there.

Of course, the film is even more of a work of fiction than the book
is... A truly great film, but even I have to admit parts of it make no
sense. (I just love the way when Nichodemus is around, objects just
casually levitate through thin air... I mean, that totally happens, right?)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/