POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Building a new PC Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Building a new PC (Message 42 to 51 of 51)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Pass Mark
Date: 23 Jun 2009 21:40:01
Message: <web.4a4183c54b2d36353eea59080@news.povray.org>
> Darren New wrote:
> > Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> >> Apparently it's really hard to go any faster than that for some reason.
> >
> > One might suspect the speed of light.
>
> I'd suspect either heat or signal interference, personally... but I'm
> not an Engineer. ;-)

Given that using "extreme" cooling solutions, overclockers have reached core
frequency of 7GHz with stable operation, I'd say it's everything to do with
heat :)

....Chambers

Post a reply to this message

>>> One might suspect the speed of light.
>> I'd suspect either heat or signal interference, personally... but I'm
>> not an Engineer. ;-)
>
> Given that using "extreme" cooling solutions, overclockers have reached core
> frequency of 7GHz with stable operation, I'd say it's everything to do with
> heat :)

Who the hell has liquid nitrogen laying around?!

(Other than my employer, that is...)

Post a reply to this message