POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Epic. (Message 31 to 40 of 50)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Epic.
Date: 15 Jun 2009 13:00:55
Message: <4a367e47$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>     Well, we didn't pay back in those days, so it was pain FOR FREE!!

"Kids these days, so greedy--saying how they'll be good 'if you pay
them'.  Why, when *I* was a wee lad, we were good for nothing!"

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jun 2009 13:17:45
Message: <4a368239@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:28:53 +0100, St. wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:47:35 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>>  So you'd have to be brain-damaged in the first place.
>>
>> No, that comes later. ;-)
>
>     Yes, unfortunately for some. It's a tough game to be in if it's the
> career you want to follow. I've been watching and following boxing for
> about 40 years now, (jeez, I can't believe I just typed that!), and I've
> seen nearly all the <known> tragedies, well, at least over here in the
> UK.

Yeah, my comment was mostly in jest (probably wasn't all that clear in
retrospect) - though it does happen.  Every once in a while I pick up a
match myself, but I don't know who's who.  There is actually a lot of
skill that goes into it, though.

>     Great sport for a youngster though. When I was doing it, we didn't
>     have
> safety headgear, just a pair of massive well-cushioned old soft leather
> gloves. It would make your eyes water if you copped one on the nose, but
> that's about it. Yeah, it was fun. :)

Yeah, just don't go up against Mike Tyson during your first week out. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message