POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So ... when is "piracy" wrong? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  So ... when is "piracy" wrong? (Message 41 to 45 of 45)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: So ... when is "piracy" wrong?
Date: 12 Jun 2009 23:36:11
Message: <4a331eab$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:15:18 -0600, somebody wrote:

> As
> it is, the motivation seems to have been to simply derail the actual
> discussion with demagoguery.

I told you what my point was.  It's not my problem that you don't accept
it.  But let's do without the personal slurs, OK?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Jun 2009 23:47:27
Message: <4a33214f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:25:59 -0600, somebody wrote:

>> No, it's not up to me if you've stated that you're not open to changing
>> your mind if proven wrong.
>
> I said no such thing.

You made the comment that you've never changed your mind due to an online
discussion and that you don't see that happening.  You state your view as
an absolutist view.  What exactly am I meant to think?

>> That's what's called (in my book) a waste of  my time.
>
> See my reply to Mueen Nawaz.

I did, and I saw no need for you to decide what my intention was.  I
stated what my intention was, and as I wrote to you up there, it's not my
problem that you refuse to accept my explanation.

>> > Whether I am willing or not to change my mind has no bearing on the
>> > validity of any arguments I make.
>
>> Of course it doesn't.  But it does play into whether or not I want to
>> spend my time trying to convince you of my point of view.
>
> Still stuck on convincing me I see. Why isn't it enough to make a good
> argument? Is it the validation you seek?

I don't really care what you think any more.  I certainly don't need your
validation for my reasons for not continuing to debate a moral/legal
position that is different from your stated position.

Since you are determined to continue painting me as intentionally
derailing "your" thread, you can have "your" thread back.

Enjoy.

Jim

Post a reply to this message