POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smashing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Smashing (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Stefan Persson
Subject: Re: Smashing
Date: 9 Jun 2009 03:26:35
Message: <4a2e0eab@news.povray.org>
> Mythbusters does air over there, but I forget on which channel.

I usually catch it on one of the Discovery channels.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jun 2009 04:24:33
Message: <4a2e1c41@news.povray.org>
>> Even the one where they overpressurize a water heater was fun.
>
> Oh yes, that one was quite good.
>
> I especially like the ones where they get an unexpected result.  Like
> with Thermite & Ice.

Has anybody tried to replicate the poptart flamethrower yet?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jun 2009 11:41:40
Message: <4a2e82b4$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:24:32 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Even the one where they overpressurize a water heater was fun.
>>
>> Oh yes, that one was quite good.
>>
>> I especially like the ones where they get an unexpected result.  Like
>> with Thermite & Ice.
>
> Has anybody tried to replicate the poptart flamethrower yet?

I haven't heard of that one, sounds interesting, though....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Has anybody tried to replicate the poptart flamethrower yet?
>
> I haven't heard of that one, sounds interesting, though....

Some guy discovered that if your toaster malfunctions and fails to eject
the poptart, the toaster becomes a flame thrower. They then posted
low-resolution MPEG videos on the Internet. It was briefly a big phenominon.

A bit like those stupid dancing baby GIFs...

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:49:04 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Has anybody tried to replicate the poptart flamethrower yet?
>>
>> I haven't heard of that one, sounds interesting, though....
>
> Some guy discovered that if your toaster malfunctions and fails to eject
> the poptart, the toaster becomes a flame thrower. They then posted
> low-resolution MPEG videos on the Internet. It was briefly a big
> phenominon.

I would think some sort of accellerant would have to be used to get that
kind of effect.  Getting a toaster to ignite is pretty hard as it is, and
without an open flame, I can't see the pop tart catching fire.  But it
would be interesting to see them try to do it.

> A bit like those stupid dancing baby GIFs...

<barf>

Post a reply to this message