POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : UK mains voltage Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  UK mains voltage (Message 31 to 40 of 67)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: UK mains voltage
Date: 7 Jun 2009 17:00:01
Message: <web.4a2c2a4cdfb8f506d3c810450@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> Why would there be more actual power with greater frequency? The
> phase-angle won't change, the current won't change and RMS voltage won't
> change, so U*I*cos(fi) won't change.

You need to invest extra power to get the higher frequency at the same AC
voltage and amps, right?

So where does that extra power end up if you have the otherwise same AC running
through your body?

EM field I'd guess - which may be just the extra "kick" you'd rather do without.

Post a reply to this message

> You need to invest extra power to get the higher frequency at the same AC
> voltage and amps, right?

Hmm, possibly.

> So where does that extra power end up if you have the otherwise same AC running
> through your body?

At least part of it goes to heating the generator, which runs faster :).

> EM field I'd guess - which may be just the extra "kick" you'd rather do without.

That actually sounds reasonable. My head is atm too empty to remember
how to calculate energies of EM fields, but it would make sense, while
the field sure is frequency-dependent.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message