POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heavy metal Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Heavy metal (Message 27 to 36 of 46)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Heavy metal
Date: 3 Jun 2009 09:07:06
Message: <4a26757a$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Yes, mistakenly. They found aluminum in the brain tissue of alzheimer's
> patients. Then they realized the dyes they used to detect alzheimers had
> aluminum in them.

D'oh!

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 Jun 2009 09:10:32
Message: <4a267648@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:

>> Oh, and I do have saffron in my spice rack. :D
>
> I've never quite been able to convince myself to buy any.  Someday I'm
> sure I'll spring for it, but given that I mostly live on ramen,
> crackers, and pb&j it just seems like a bit much right now.

On occasion I like to do fun things like make saffron rice...

But, yeah... if your diet consists of mostly ramen and pbj, ;)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Jun 2009 13:14:20
Message: <4a26af6c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yes, mistakenly. They found aluminum in the brain tissue of
>> alzheimer's patients. Then they realized the dyes they used to detect
>> alzheimers had aluminum in them.
>
> D'oh!

Is this like the thing where they discovered that the police
breathaliser machines were being kept in alcohol to keep them sterile?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/